Selling superstars aren’t born, they are made. The truth be told, they are self-made. They are selling machines.
You can become the quintessential salesperson if you stay focused and work hard.
Here are 10 steps to follow if you want to become a selling machine.
1. “Yes I can!” Begin everyday thinking and saying aloud “Yes I can!” The choice is pretty obvious here. You’re either thinking “Yes I can” or “Yes I can’t.” You have to believe, truly believe that you can do anything you set your mind to doing. It’s an attitude and attitude determines your destiny.
2. “I will” versus “I’ll try.” Trying accomplishes nothing, nada, zippo. Doing – gets things done. Begin every day with the intention of doing instead of trying. Once again this is an example of an appropriate mindset if you want to become a selling machine.
3. Becoming rich is a state of mind and so is becoming poor. Which do you prefer? Put a crisp $100 bill in your wallet. Not many people have crisp $100 bills in their wallets. The $100 bill won’t make you rich but it will make you feel good just knowing it’s there. It’s also a great way to rid your mind of any negative thinking about money.
4. Establish daily written and prioritized goals. Begin each day with purpose and passion in the pursuit of your daily goals. Push aside all interruptions and distractions until your written goals are achieved. Purpose and passion elude most people. If you doubt me, make note of all the people you see in a single day that strike you as having purpose and passion. It might be days before you spot one. With purpose and passion you’ll standout from the competitive crowd – and that’s a good thing. ASM
5. Don’t complain and don’t explain. Just go about your business energetically and enthusiastically. Your enthusiasm will fuel your purpose and passion – so don’t leave home without it. Complaining and explaining creates negative energy. Just stay focused on your daily goals and you’ll stay on track and accomplish more than ever.
6. Go buy a composition notebook. Call it your success or idea journal. This is the place to keep all of your good ideas. Make your life your laboratory and keep tabs on what works and what doesn’t work. Write down your thoughts and action steps. Include words of wisdom. Include everything that inspires you. Include everything that’s noteworthy. This is the place to also keep your favorite quotations.
7. Take chances and don’t fear failure. I didn’t always think this way, but now that I do I realize it’s a much better way to live your life. Our country is what it is today because of the cumulative risks taken by all the generations who came before us. Every once in a while some radical thinking is needed to shake things up in your life – personally and professionally. Of course this is easy to say and hard to do. Just think “Yes I can.”